Monday, July 18, 2016

Reads in Review

Hello fellow readers!!

Just a quick update on my books I shared with you from my book bag. 

Before I start, I will explain my rating system to you:

5--Amazing!  I love it, I will talk about it ALOT, I will read over and over....
4--Very good.  I really liked it and would recommend it to someone.
3--Good--but not great.  Depending on how I feel about it, I might recommend it and more than likely will. 
2--OK.  Will probably not recommend and will more than likely have a hard time completing the read.
1--Not good at all.  Something I would never recommend and will more than likely not finish.  Not very many 1's in my library.


Title:  The Collector
Author:  Nora Roberts
Genre: Romantic Suspense

Rating: 3

Plot:
A woman, Lila Emerson, earns her living by house-sitting and writing young adult fantasy fiction.  She is a keen observer and witnesses a murder, due to her chronic habit of people watching, from her client's high-rise apartment.  She ends up becoming involved with one of the murder victim's brother and along the way of helping to solve the crime, she falls in love.

My review:  I really liked the story and was caught up in it from the first chapter.  I am not a prude, but I really don't need the foul language or detailed sex scenes.  Some romance is great and characters venting frustration using expletives is ok, but the "F" bomb used repeatedly is a little much.  Aside from that it was a good suspense book.

Recommend? Yes




No comments:

Post a Comment